Are you wondering what you can do to make a real difference this Valentines?
The 7 easy steps below works even if you are having issues in your relationship. Follow the instructions to the letter and it even works when your partner is angry at you!
At this time, It’s not as important what your partner is angry about or what your partners main complains are.
IT’S MORE IMPORTANT HOW YOU CONDUCT YOURSELF!
The following 7 easy steps to create the best Valentines day ever works because you are going to establish a heart to heart connection!
To enhance the effect, combine with a home cooked meal and a wrapped gift. You don’t have to spend a fortune. When it comes to love – It is the thought and the presentation that counts!
1) Ask your partner how his/her day was.
2) Listen without interrupting. Don’t get sidetracked by angry blaming remarks. Hold yourself together.
3) Keep eye contact – literary don’t break eye contact.
4) Ask what you can do. Don’t expect an answer right away. Keep being there and keep silent and an answer will come.
5) Again – listen and eye contact. To keep eye contact when you are asking questions can be difficult, but it’s very important that you do. When you talk, your partner is watching you.
6) Ask how your partner would like to spend the evening/ rest of the day. Again be patient.
7) Listen and eye contact. This is not about you!
For the 7 steps to work the best, you need to stay calm and centered. Your partner needs to feel that you are standing strong on your own two feet, showing that you are there for her/him.
Listen without asking for anything in return! This is your very special Valentines gift to your partner!
Is your relationship in trouble?
Do you feel that your differences are too big to bridge without some tools?
Do you need help? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment with a specialized couples therapist and Florida Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist!
This post is modified from a post I wrote Feb. 14 2012 under the tittle “Valentines Emergency Repair Kit For Couples.
Let me know how your Valentines Day went! Write a comment below!
If you like this post please share!